| InfoDom has great experience in computerization of business processes related to transport and tourism. Users’ needs in this area are ever more significant, transport becomes a more important factor in a country’s economy or a region. Transportation costs are a significant item of every economic subject.
Contemporary technology offers great possibilities, electronic monitoring, optimization, integration of different types of transport, satellite navigation. „Just-In-Time“business enforced a dynamics which only the best can follow. Innovation in transport, distribution and logistics business processes becomes a comparative advantage and an element that tilts the balance. Application systems in the area of transport and tourism are expected to be expert, predictive, they ought to learn from history data and be highly parameterised in order to take numerous and frequent changes in business environment.
Technologies we apply:
- Web applications
- Relation data bases
- Integration with GIS, GPS and other technologies
- Electronic signature
- Mobile devices
- Expert systems
Values that our system users get are:
- For public administration, establishment of so called One-Stop-Shop services, dealing with issues parties (citizens and companies) have at public administration bodies on one place, in one moment,
- Significant improvement of business processes, resulting in shorter time period needed to execute a business process (sometimes more than once),
- Reducing costs, no matter are that investments, maintenance costs or workforce costs,
- Increasing quality of work performed and user satisfaction,
- Establishing organization based on knowledge and innovations as a basis of greater competitiveness and new markets,
- Decreasing risk and greater business safety
Integral transport register
Integral transport register is a unique database about all transport directions for different types of transport (air, road, rail, river, maritime), transports of different importance (local to international), with all types of facilities inscribed (e.g. junctions, intersections, ports, tunnels).
Such database is a precondition for different business needs:
- Planning the development of different types of transport
- Managing integral transport
- Managing transport risks, especially risks related to different types of transport
- Integration with GIS systems.
Fleet Management application system
Managing transport resources is a subject of our Transport system. It is a comprehensive system which supports the following processes for an organization (company or institution):
- Planning and procuring transport resources
- Requests based on location of costs
- Dispatch functions
- Managing vehicle maintenance (personal, contractual)
- Managing fleet costs
- Integration with GPS devices and systems for route optimization and logistics systems
- Integration with petrol suppliers (INA cards and electronic specifications of petrol consumption, vehicle schedule and trip orders)
- Trip order calculations and travelling orders
- Outsourcing transport functions (lease, contract, orders, transportation sheets, invoices, accounting, payments)
- Controlling related to transport resources
System for recording maritime accidents is an integration of web technology, database and GIS technology for results display and presentation of information.
It is a system used by the Ministry of sea, transport and infrastructure, and it remote locations (port authorities and offices. Data on maritime accidents, vessels and persons involved, damage suffered, victims (if some) are entered into the base.
On the basis of such a database, accident places are marked on maps and so called “black zones” i.e. dangerous places of navigation. Also, analyses show distribution of accidents by types of vessel, periods, and owner companies.
Implementation of electronic One-Stop-Shop service available24 / 7, based on business processes engineering, has accelerated charter companies work, as well as work of the Ministry of sea, transport and infrastructure, it has increased their efficiency, enabled relief from administrative obligations, and greatly reduced business costs for those purposes. Since March 2005 when the system was first used until September 2006 more than 320000 transactions were processed in the system. 701 charter companies with 3066 vessels works in the system.
e-Charter system is used on 80 distributed locations of the Ministry. The system satisfies the highest 4th level of computerization according to the eEurope 2005 Action plan, and so a first fully digitalized service in Croatia was established on 13th July 2005.
- electronic communication between ministries and economic subjects
- service availability 24/7
- electronic connection between ministries
Strategic goals of the system
Accelerate all business processes of the Ministry of sea, tourism, transport and development with economic subjects related to charter vessels and foreign yachts, enable electronic monitoring of all business processes related to charter vessels and foreign yachts,
Enable economic subjects to independently, electronically handle all affairs with the Ministry,
Give insight to all data for entire Republic of Croatia in real time,
Connect with other ministries and exchange data with them,
Secure availability 24/7.
An exceptionally important factor in the implementation of the new system is safety of the system itself, and safety of all transactions it holds within. It was necessary to ensure safety of all business data of the Ministry and economic subjects, as well as safety of personal data of Croatian and foreign citizens.